Did you know that proper wick care helps prolong the burn life of your candle?
Here are some care information to keep in mind to prevent fire.
- Light the candle on a heat-resistant surface within sight and away from drafts, children, and pets.
- Trim the wick to 1/4" before every burn or when the wick "mushrooms" to maintain a clean burn. No trim is necessary for the first burn.
- To prevent tunneling and to ensure an even burn, allow the melt pool to reach the walls of the vessel every use.
- Keep the wick centered at all times so the candle burns evenly.
- Do not burn for more than 3 to 4 hours each use.
- Keep the wax pool free of matches, wick trimming and other debris.
After each candle use: To extinguish your candle without smoke, use a candle snuffer to gently push the wick into the melt pool. Once extinguished, carefully lift the wick up and re-center it. You can also gently blow out the flame.
Allow candle to cool for 12 hours before re-lighting.
If the candle does not self-extinguish as it is designed to do, discontinue use when 1/2" of wax remains at the bottom of the container. Once your candle is finished, you can re-purpose the candle jar.